Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Census Test

This morning I took the test to be a Census worker. The test was given in the basement of the old court house, here in Jerome. When I got there at 5 to 10 there were 8 other people there and they had started to fill out the application and the I-9. Please let me share some of the rare moments we had this morning.
  • One of the questions is Where were you born? Someone called their mother to ask.
  • 3 cell phones rang after we were asked to turn them off.
  • An entire conversation about the legalities of concealed weapons.
  • The test proctor showed us his concealed weapon license.
  • He also showed us his scuba diving card
  • It took him 5 minutes to fill out his portion of the I-9, which I figure could be done in 90 seconds
  • A women swore that they did not tell her to bring 2 ids.
  • The test proctor excused himself to use the rest room- we waited to start the test.
We got out of there with at 5 to 12. It was a 30 minute timed test. I know that you may not need to be efficient to work for the government, but this was ridiculous.

2 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

My Mom was a census worker and she always enjoyed it. She always had interesting stories from people she met.

Bauer Family said...

That is hilarious!!! But did you get the job???