Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Love

Here is ls in her dress.
My first love in sewing is construction. When my kids were little I made them all kinds of things and then came the Chinese Revolution, and no one could make things cheaper than they could buy them. Because I love construction, I love shows like, Say Yes to the Dress, and Project Runway. It blows me away when I see the designers on Project Runway free handing with the rotary cutter. So here is a project I made for ls.
Notice that this pattern is a 1960's Retro. It has darts in it; good thing I learned to sew in the 60's.Here it is, in corduroy. It is a challenge to sew 5/8 seems after the 1/4 seems on quilts and to put in a sleeve; what a rush. But I must say, it is like riding a bike, it all comes back, even the zipper. I can't wait to see what she does to it. Pictures to follow.

2 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

That will look so cute on Calli :) It reminds me of the dress she tried on in the mall over break.

PeggyB said...

You amaze me...you're so industrious!