Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More, More, More

This quilt won best use of color.

The piecing in the middle of this quilt is teeny tiny.
For a circle bed.


This another log cabin quilt




I never did figure out how they did this. Some of it is folded so it has a 3D effect.




Amazing





This women had been on a mission to Russia. This was a queen size quilt.




Just for fun.




These blocks were machine embroidered. Very beautiful.


I have one more post to make. I have enjoyed sharing these pictures with you.

1 comment:

Vecchiocane said...

Thanks for the photos. I love going to quilt shows (although Martha has lost her enthusiasm for them and quilting in general). I particularly like the one extreme of quilted "pictures" and the other extreme of single color or very little piecing and lots of decorative quilting.
The Best of Show at the Utah County Fair was a "picture" quilt with a Christmas theme, wise men, nativity, and something I interpreted as Samuel the Lamanite, but hey this is Utah County. Any way, it was in fact a beautiful, complex quilt and I wish I had had a camera. There was also a queen-size quilting-only entry that had some absolutely gorgeous patterns in it.