Sunday, January 10, 2021

Dang

My son, Scott E, texted me on Tuesday and said he wasn't feeling well and his work wanted him tested for Covid before he could come back to work. 
The next day he sent me the results of his test and he had tested positive. 
The kid he shared a room with moved out Monday. His other roommate went to his parents house to isolate - really stupid idea. This left Scott alone in a town a couple of 100 miles from us. 
I call him every day.  He is pretty sick. So far no cough or breathing problems. He also has not lost his sense of taste.  His roommate did bring him extra strength Tylenol and some groceries.  We, me and my kids, have been having dinner delivered. 
As a mother, this really hard. There is nothing I can do.  I belong to a prayer group on Facebook and I read stories about severe Covid cases. I tell myself everyday that most cases are mild,  but I  still worry. 
So here we on day 6: not better but not worse.
He was home for Christmas for 24 hours. He came down with it on the 10th day since we had seen him. CDC says 10 days should be okay, but it was close. 
Be careful. You just never know. And all prayers are welcome. 

No comments: