Sunday, July 17, 2011

Update

Yesterday, the surgery scheduler called me an hour before I was supposed to go to the hospital and said that they had cancelled the surgery. You really shouldn't say that to someone who has not been sleeping and has just spent the morning without water. At any rate, I am re-scheduled for Friday. I did sleep for 8 hours last night and it was much needed. If we do the surgery on Friday it will be 8 weeks from the day I woke and couldn't move my neck.

It is hard to believe that I am still whining about my neck. Between slow doctors and slow insurance, I am finally going to have surgery. I have a herniated disk in my neck that is pinching the nerve that goes down my left shoulder and arm. They are going to remove it and put in a spacer. They took me off steroids to help prepare for the surgery, so I have been, well, not so good.
I do not want to have surgery on my birthday, but after a couple of bad nights, I am hoping they still have room for me on Tuesday. If not then I will go in Thursday morning.
In the mean time, I am sending my family off for a camping trip planned many, many weeks ago. This is just not my summer.

No comments: