Monday, July 11, 2011

Pot Luck

So we had some friends that invited us to their party. I really thought that Wes would enjoy this, so I decided we would go. And I was right, he did enjoy the adult slip and slide.So why did I feel the need to blog about it? This was a potluck. I felt like I had reached an all time low in pot luck ideas when I decided on Kool Aid... There was a big canister of Tropical Punch Kool Aid in my pantry, so I made 6 quarts of it and put in some Shasta lemon lime soda. Since I really only drink water, I thought it tasted nasty. I did put it in my nice new drink dispenser, with the ice in the bottom, and it looked pretty, and it was cold. To my surprise, there was nothing left over.
I am curious as to what other lame ideas for pot luck you have. I may need one someday.

1 comment:

Jacque of All Trades said...

Our lamest idea for a pot luck dish has turned into a requested family tradition. Several years ago we were instructed to prepare a dutch oven dessert at Byron's family reunion. I was a newly called YW president and there were no doubt some other things that were making the thought of having to do this very stressful. I told Byron that we should just by a bunch of cookies, line the dutch oven with foil and then just throw all of the cookies in. Byron then unveiled this as our secret family recipe. It has been requested every year since. The kids usually like it better than the cobblers.