Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Twist

I wanted to share this recipe. It is great for summer.
No Bake Cookies
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbs cocoa
1 cube margarine or butter
Cook in 2 quart pan and bring to a boil at medium high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. -----Okay, this can be a tricky part if you have never done it before. If you you don't boil long enough they will be runny and if you boil too long, they will be dry. I use a timer. The other thing that could make a difference is the weight of your pan. If you are using a light weight pan, 1 minute will probably work. If you are going use cast iron, you may need more time.----Back to the cookie,
Take off the heat and add
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats
1 cup coconut
1/4 cup peanut butter........I have been using almond butter lately and it taste great. (That is my new twist) Also, I never actually measure this, I just take a tablespoon out of the silverware and dig into the almond butter and get a big lump. You can use up 1/2 cup, it won't hurt anything.
Almost done with the cookie.
Stir all this up.
I just spray a large cookie sheet with Pam and drop cookies on it with my little cookie scoop. You can store them in the refrigerator, but you do not have to keep them in there.

No comments: