Friday, February 6, 2009

I've Got the Blues


This is the second blue quilt I have made in the last 6 months. The other one is in use already. This one was made because of the block of the month. I kept looking at the Turkey in the Straw block and wonder what it would look like if I put a few together. The Turkey in the Straw block is a little tricky to put together, so there are a multitude of mistakes in this, but it sure turned out great. All but the outside boarder came from my stash. Now, to finish it. I am going to learn how to machine quilt with it. There is a lady in our quilting group who will let you use her machine for $10 an hour (that includes the batting). She said it takes her about 6 hours to do a king size quilt. This quilt is not anywhere near that big, but I have a king size I want to work on with her. Besides, I love to learn a new skill. Should be fun!

No comments: