Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blocks of the Month


This is the calendar quilt. It has grown. I do have a plan for this and I am done with the wide strips. It is fun to watch it develope.
Well here are the blocks for February.


This one is called 1930's Square. I think it would make some interesting secondary patterns if it were put together in a quilt. The pattern will come up on the internet if you google 1930's Square.


This one is from bunnyhill.




This one is from the quilting spuds group. It is called the Disappearing Nine Patch. Basicaly you make a nine patch, cut in half both directions and turn around the pieces and sew it back together.



















Okay, so this is not a block of the month, but I just put this little quilt top together. I love it. It is not the best picture, but they are '30's reproduction fabrics. They are so fun to sew on. I am not planning on quilting this until summer, so you won't see it for awhile.










1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, I love the reds and browns in the Disappearing Nine Patch. And the pink and gray block is so cute, I love that pattern.