Thursday, February 26, 2009

Banana Bars

I had some bad bananas yesterday, (well, I did drop them) so I made banana bars. I made these more often when the kids were young and they loved them. I would like to add that they still do.


1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup whole wheat flour I use 1 cup flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened

2/3 cup sugar

2/3 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2 medium bananas, mashed

1 egg

2 cups choc. chips

Powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 350 . Greases 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan.

In small bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt; set aside.


In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in bananas and egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in choc. chips.


Bake 20-25 minutes until wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Vecchiocane said...

OK, I'm making these tonight! I think I have some cani-dated bananas.