Sunday, January 14, 2024

Snow Days


We had a little snow on Tuesday. Wednesday morning driving to work was a nightmare.  I found the the rumble strip helps you find where you are on the road. Also, when it's pitch black and you are driving in a white out, it's a really good time to pray. 


Well they were worried about how to get the kids home, so when the sun came out, they called a snow day. 


A beautiful afternoon. 

My district called a snowday on Thursday . It was a nice day and I picked up groceries and caught up on some work.  Friday was blizzard day. All schools in the Valley were stay home days.

 Yesterday it snowed and blew from 9am to 1:00 am. 


I stayed in all day. Thought about going out, but made cinnamon rolls instead. 

Today is dig out day. No Church. Snow covered roads and Highways. 


Looking for the driveway.



Found The front porch 


Proof that I went out. What can I say? It was stinking cold. 


I left the rest of the driveway for Wes. 

It's always amazing to me that :

1 - people think snow is pretty. It's really cold and messy. 
2- how quick snow brings us to Christ. When I'm driving in a storm i want Him as the co-pilot.

 Scott called. He was driving to the airport in whiteout conditions.  He didn't know what to do.  While talking to him he said there was still moving traffic. We suggested getting back on the road and following someone to Brigham city.   He was in the canyon in between Logan and Brigham City. I said a litlle prayer for him. Once he got through the canyon there were clear skies. I'm grateful that he had a co-pilot.  

Keep shoveling... find beauty in everything...
God is there 









No comments: