Monday, January 29, 2024

Back to Work

It was good to be back to work this week. The snow is melting and we were left with mud, huge piles of snow in the parking lots, and gray, rainy days. All better than snow.

I have been working on an application for a fellowship through the NEA. It has to do with bringing cultures into the classroom and includes a trip to Costa Rica. 

As I have been answering questions I have come to feel really blessed. I have enjoyed teaching these kids who need someone that accepts them for who they are. When I went to work in Wendell, it was a tender mercy and still is. 


This is part of my lesson plan. Irs hard to see but there are stars on all the places my students were born. I started my picture here so I could include the Philippines, Peru, Mexico and various locations in the US. 


The kids are writing time lines that and then doing a short presentation.  

I don't know how this will turn out but I feel like it has already had a good impact on me.

It has been a hard week. I haven't felt well, I work with a very difficult person at school and Wes has been a bear this week. So I'm hoping for a calmer storm in relationships this week. 

Happy Winter...






No comments: