Thursday, August 31, 2023

whew


I agreed to to stay with my mom while my sister went to Europe with her son and family.  I brought my water weights for the pool, was going to watch movies, cross stitch and make soup for my mom. Hasn't really worked out that way. Here's a review.
Friday:
Flew out of Boise early .... left my phone at Callies 
Got to Yuba City to find my mom in bad shape. Her breathing was labored and she couldn't walk. I knew I couldn't take care of her.
Saturday:
Took mom to ER in Marysville 
She told all the staff that she was just drinking her tea when all the sudden these men with dark shirts showed up and made her go to the hospital.  
ThIs visit was like binge watching ER.
I can't count how many times she said nothing is wrong with me. I want to go home.
Sunday:
Still sticking to her story.
Admitted with UTI and CHF.
I really thought we could clear this up and she could come home. 
Monday:
Still sticking with her story.
With the help of Andrea, the doctor ordered an ultra sound on her leg. 
Talked about going to the Fountains for rehab before she could come home.
By the end of day the Vascular Surgeon gave me the news no one wants to hear. 
She had blockage in her leg. There was no circulation in her lower leg. She was too weak for surgery. She will loose her leg.

Tuesday:
Still sticking to her story.
UTI is clearing up. CHF, not so much. More Lasix  and a multitude of other drugs.
I brought up bringing her home on Hospice. 
She's still not talking to me.
Doctor explained that she would loose her leg. 
Worried about not getting into the Fountains with new diagnosis.  She needed to go straight to skilled nursing.  Got clearance late in the afternoon.
Called for back up. 
Wednesday:
Washed her face.
Still sticking to her story and mad at me.
Jay came by noon.
Talked to the doctor in the hall about not using the H word. We were calling it Comfort Care.
Meet with pain manager. 
Agreed to comfort care.
Accepted into the Fountains with Hospice. 
Worked out the financial. 
My brother rocks
She's in so much pain.
Thursday:
Shes cranky and nervous about going to the Fountains 
They gave her morphine and she was out of it for the transfer and the paper signing.

I put my mother on Hospice today. 
It had to happen, but it hurts.
I am so blessed with incredible friends an d family.
Hopefully next week will be better. 


No comments: