Sunday, November 14, 2021

Rough Week


Things were going okay. 
Because of Covid, all I had to do was drop him off at the door of the hospital.  For the record, I prayed for the nurses. I know that he is difficult.  Seven hours later, they called and I went to get him. 

Holy Moly!  I should have prayed for me.
He wouldn't lay down, wouldn't sit down, wouldn't let me help. He ate a sleeve of Ritz crackers instead of dinner.  I was like, okay, you don't want help, I can do that. Watching him do everything himself has been painful to watch, but that's the way he wanted it. I have lived with 5 three year olds. Brought back memories.   I went to work. But then Saturday came. I spent the day downstairs. Laundry, TV and then a quick trip to the quilt store.

I asked him how he was getting to work tomorrow.  I was not ready for his answer. I am taking him to work. Maybe until Christmas because he can't move his arm to put it in gear. Wait a minute. I'm not a morning person - to put it mildly.  I have a routine. It works. Hauling him to school fo 6 weeks is not on my agenda. But apparently the only thing he needs help with is a ride to school?  Good golly, we'll see how this works.

I heard him talk to the home health nurse. It explained multitudes of unanswered questions that I have had. You know like How did the Doctor not know you needed a skin cancer area removed? Or How did your shoulder get so bad and none ever said anything?  Well, he told the nurse he was fine, had no pain and felt great. All I'm saying is answering questions honestly and being in touch with your feelings might be helpful when talking to medical personnel. 

Last. He is going to work tomorrow.  He went to work to soon after Covid and he was cranky. I'm not talking snappy. I'm talking mean. So from that experience, I'm thinking the same behavior may repeat itself.  Because he is going back too soon. 

Should be fun. 




No comments: