Sunday, November 28, 2021

The Feast

We had Scott and Richie and Ashley with us for Thanksgiving. This is always a bad combination.  They don't bring anything to the table but a hungry stomach and they struggle to clean up. They did not disappoint. I don't mind cooking and I clean up as i go, but I expect everyone to clean up after dinner. Let's just say that it never ends well. 


I like to start with the rolls. 


I did fill this turkey with rolls eventually. 


I'm all about the stuffing. We tried dressing, but I love that mushy, turkey flavoed stuffing..

We used my Grandma's dishes this year. 

There was pleanty to eat and share..

I stopped for a picture of my Grandma's salad recipe in her dishes.

This is Scott's second plate full of food. 

And Mosby joined us for dinner. 

I'm not cooking next year. I appreciate the words of thanks and praise, but at the end of the meal, I need some physical help. 

I am grateful for the many Thanksgivings of my past with family, grandparents and cousins. And I do love turkey. 


No comments: