Sunday, February 21, 2021

Winter Walking

 I have a friend who talked me into walking with her two times a week. 

She is hard core, she will walk in wind and cold and with snow on the track.

She wanted to walk at the High School track and I agreed.

The parking lot to get to the track should have a caution sign.

It is pretty rough. 

Part of the my problem walking around Jerome in the winter is that it is so ugly.

Everything is dead and they have been tearing up the roads,

one section at a time to replace pipes and when they are finished,

Let's just say, the roads don't look finished.

One good thing about the track is that you can count out your mile.

It isn't as ugly. 

We walk at 4:30ish so the sun is going down.

The hard part,

Dang! it is sooooo cold.

This week there was snow on the track, but it was crunchy snow.

Sometimes I am half way home before I can feel my face.

But it is a good thing and the benefits are already showing.

That dialogistic number comes down when I walk.

So I'll keep my walking shoes in the car and pray for spring.

 


No comments: