Sunday, February 28, 2021

Death

The woman who works next to me is obsessed with death.

She loves to find out how someone dies

and then tell me how terrible it was.

She will go to any funeral, even if she doesn't know them.

She says, "It's terrible, just terrible."

I struggle with her her attitude. 

I mean, everyone dies, so why is it terrible?

Is the last thing we do on this earth terrible?

So here are my thoughts.

For those of us left behind death is:

Hard

Sad

Heart Breaking

Sacred 

So painful that breathing, sleeping and eating become difficult

Memories never die, they are in our hearts, thoughts, and dreams forever

Greif can last a life time.

For those who die:

Peaceful passing

Going home

In a better place

Free from addictions

Free from pain

Free from the torture of mental illness 

Moved on

Waiting for us

But never terrible, 

The last thing we do on earth is anything but terrible.

It literally happen in a heartbeat, for everyone.

I don't know what happens to us after we pass from this life,

but I have no fear of it. 

We all have to go through this final experience. 

I have not reason to believe that it will be anything but peaceful. 







 




No comments: