Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentines


I will not pretend, I don't really like Valentines Day.
I hate it when people post pictures of their flowers on Social Media.
I really hate it when people send their spouses flowers at work.
To me it is a show, not an offering of love.

I do, however like Valentines day at school.
It may or may not be because it is the last party of the year.


This party was the first one we had during a full day of school.
We decorated the cookies.
For pandemic reasons, each child had an individual kit.
It was awesome, it will be the new normal.



Also, we had the best math lesson of the year.
Sorting and counting conversation hearts.


I had the kids paint envelopes this year.
Not the new normal.


And of course, they always fill my desk with treats.


One of the reasons I love this day is that the kids happily give to each other.
There are always a few who don't bring valentines, and they may feel sad at first,
(I send home 2 notes, offer to give boxes of valentines for sharing)
but everyone goes home with a big envelope full of candy, cards, and love.
Always a winner.







No comments: