Sunday, November 15, 2020

A quiet week

  After what seems like so much noise about the election, it is so nice to have a quiet week. 

Of course the Corona's are driving me crazy. I go between feeling very safe at work and wondering when one of those germ sharing students will come in with it and share it with all of us. I think I'm the only person I know who hasn't had a case in my immediate family. It is a crazy time to live. Just saying. 

But let's move on. We had our annual Veterans Day celebration this year. We did a drive by parade. The Veterans drove by. The kids waved flags while standing in the snow. 




I have to admit I missed seeing my dad pop up in the slide show at school, so I'll have him pop up here.


My dad joined ROTC to pay for college. When he graduated went to Korea and my mom became an Army wife. After his tour in Korea they were moved around the country. My mom was fearless and left her little town in Utah and rolled with the punches. 

Here are some other Veterans that I'm pretty happy to be related to:
My mother's Uncle Joe

My mother's step brother

This my mother's grandmother with Parker and Verna Richards.
Verna is her daughter. I stand in awe of my great grandmother who had 
three of her sons serving in WW II at the same time. 
Can you imagine?
Three stars in the window. 
Three young men who came home.
Parker served also, but I believe he didn't go to war. 



My dad's step brother, who also went to Korea.


And my father in law, who went to Korea also.

They did what they needed to do, really what they had to do. 

I have a second cousin, who has two boys in the Air Force.


They fly some really big planes and have both done tours in the Middle East. Their families make big sacrifices while they are gone. I guess things haven't really changed that much.
 


No comments: