Sunday, November 22, 2020

7 days of Gratitude

 The leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints asked the world to join him in flooding Social Media with Gratitude for 7 days. This is to help the world heal from so many negative and hateful messages. I must say, that it is a joy to read so many thoughts of gratitude on Facebook. I took the challenge, and focused on Facebook, because you have to have a picture with Instagram. From the 1st minute of this challenge, I wasn't sure how I was going to take seeing all the picture - perfect families plastered all of Social Media. Oddly enough, the only pictures I've posted are of my family. 

 I am going to post 7 things I'm grateful for here. They may or may not match what I post on Facebook, but I  practice daily gratitude anyway, so it is not a stretch.

1  My family, of course. They are light in the dark and joy on the grayest day. This includes all of them, my parents, siblings, Wes, his parents and siblings, my children and their children and all of our nieces and nephews. 

2  My students. Words can't describe my feelings toward them and their families. These little people have been through experiences that I have never even thought of. Their parents have made huge sacrifices to make a better life for their families. 

3  I have a habit of making friends with strangers when we travel. They have shared stories, food and their time with me. I love these memories and have decided that God literally puts them in my path. 

4  Women. Mothers, sisters, friends, teachers, leaders. They are role models. They have shared their talents with me. They are inspirational. They are strong and can do hard things. They make the world go around.

5  All the millions of people who voted in the last election. This election needed all the Votes. Every. Single. One. 

6  Books. I read a lot of different things. I love historical fiction. But I also enjoy mysteries, adventures, romantic comedies, biographies and scriptures. I am in a Master's program and have read a couple of text books recently too. They were awesome, once I got used to a different level of vocabulary.  I read a book on Sundays, you know, a churchy book. I love them all. I wish I had more time for reading. But I am also a believer of balance. It is good to read about the lives of others, but I also need to have personal interactions, hobbies, and work.  

7  Last, and most important. I believe there is a God that loves us. He sent His Son. He has given us Prophets to guide us, but most important, He is always with us. In the beautiful world around us, in the people he sends to help us, and in our thoughts- when we listen in the quiet moments of the day.  May you find peace in Him. 

No comments: