Sunday, August 2, 2020

Home Sweet Home

After a few more visits to family in California we left our parents in good hands and came back to Idaho.
It felt good to be in our home. Hopefully, it was our last trip  but my dad is pretty weak and his heart is failing so we may do one more trip.
Later in the week, we went to visit my friend Lee Smith. She called on my birthday and told me she was visiting her friend in Boise.  To tell the truth, when she went to live with her daughter in Seattle, I really didn't think that I would see her again.  It touched my heart that she would contact me. We made arrangements for a visit. She and her friend are 87ish, so the picture her friend took, well, tried to take, did not work out. It was a lovely visit.

We then went to celebrate Callies birthday. 
Spencer did an excellent job preparing for her mini party.  He picked up a delicious meal and a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, with yummy toppings.
He loaded it up with candles and she blew them all out.
A perfect Pandemic birthday. 
I have many happy memories of her birthday parties.  
In  September, my daughter in law asked me to write my son's birth story. As each child has had a birthday this year, I have written their birth story. I have been blessed to remember the beginnings of their lives.  They were little and sweet then. I feel like I have already written Callies birth story, but will check it out. She has been a blessing to our lives.


No comments: