Sunday, May 10, 2020

Uggg

Our friend, Jeff Willis, passed away this week.  It broke my heart. Liz is a dear friend to me. She is doing really well right now. I know that it broke her heart as well. 
A couple of years ago we went to visit them in California.  They were going to take us to lunch, but on the way, we stopped by Wes's school to visit the secretary. 
We watched him go in and could see her jump up and give him a hug.  Jeff said, 'Oh,oh, she's coming.'  We watched as Patty came running out to the truck. I was desperately trying to figure out how to get out of the truck. Jeff was right there. He had my door opened and helped me slide right out into the biggest hug I have ever had.  I remember crying during that hug, and hoping no one had noticed,  but Jeff had.  He noticed everything.  It was what made him a great story teller. 

Jeff was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 4 weeks ago.   I admire the peace he had with this life and the next, that helped him pass away without the fight.  It is an ugly fight, and he lived the last 4 weeks in peace and with the love of his family near him.

This tree is finished, but I wanted to post one more picture.   Love this color.

It was quite a surprise to have Callie come by today.  So happy to see her. I hate that this quarantine keeps families apart. 

So basically,  I  had a few tears this week...again.  I do okay. I work, which by the way, I  talked to a few of the littles on the phone.❤๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’œ, I sew, I  garden, I check on some little ladies,  but sometimes I have a good cry.  
Inhale 
Exhale 

No comments: