Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sand, Sand, Sand

As hard as I try, I can't get my family together,
however,
I will take all but 2.

What a blessing that all of these people came together.,
even the one whose tongue is sticking out.



We spent a week in Duck, North Carolina on the Outer banks. 


The theme was Sand.


These little people spent hours filling up buckets of water with sand.




Scott, well, not so much.  He did find some rather strange creatures on his walks.


These two were missing the same teeth. 


Watching my crazy family in the waves, 
made my heart happy.



Peter was pretty good on the boogie board.
He went out a couple of times with Grandpa.


This one, didn't love the water, 
but he did love the sand.




My boys still found joy in digging holes.






This was a 'step on the sand pile' contest.



She had aspirations.


Lucy spent hours, and hours, in the surf. 
She would float on her back and then come out and dig
in the wet sand.  
She found some great stuff.



Everyone enjoyed the beach.



This girl also loved the waves.



The two year olds, loved it when I would take them out in the ocean.



I would hold them out so they could float,
and they would sing.
-not sure what they were singing-


I usually like a morning walk, but because of the heat,
I opted for an evening walk.
It was beautiful, even when we spotted the shark.



Taking advantage of a nice big hole.


We also had an outing to Duck Donuts.
They are amazing.


We also saw some lighthouses.



And there was a morning, when I decided to go to the beach for a scripture study.


I felt like God gave me the okay when I got there.


I love that my kids are as adventures as we are.
I appreciate, more than I say, that they all made the journey
to spend a week with us.

Next time,
they all need to come!






No comments: