Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yellowstone

At the beginning of the summer I came up with a great plan to keep Richard reading. Long story short, if he read at least 100 pages a week we would go to Yellowstone. He usually logged in about 700 pages a week.
So off to Yellowstone we went. First, let me start at the end. My purse was so heavy at the end of the trip. I guess one little item at a time, it became very heavy.
Here is some wild life. These baby elk were crossing the river with their mothers.
And what would a visit to Yellowstone be without bison.
Here is Wes in the River after lunch. The water is pretty warm.
My favorite part of visiting Yellowstone is stopping at one of the many picnic areas and having lunch. It is very relaxing and fun.
Here is what we called 'geyser day' I love the blue in this geyser.
This is drainage from the above geyser. Just amazed me.
This was warm on a chilly morning.
And here is Old Faithful, still doing her job.
I love these old Yellowstone buses.
I took this picture and the next one from the same spot.

Then there is the canyon in Yellowstone. I took a picture of a couple here and the woman asked if she could take ours. It was a pleasant surprise.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures of this beautiful park. We have been 3 times now. The first time 20 year ago right after the big fire. The park was black and scarred. The second time was 10 years ago. The park was on the road to recovery, but his time, it was beautiful and the
re-growth of the forest is amazing.

No comments: