Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Banff, Lakes, and Waterfalls

I am really not even sure where to start, but while I was visiting Canada, we went to Banff National Park. National Parks in Canada are some what commercialized. They have restaurants, hotels, shops, golf courses, and resorts. However, they also have miles of highways, that surround you in nature. I can't wait to go back and do it again.These pictures were not taken in Banff, but at Bow Valley Provincial Park at a little lake called Many Springs.

This is Lake Lousie in Banff. We had a nice little walk here.

This is on Morraine Lake. I was pretty excited to see the canoe with the Canadian Flag.
We sat down and put our feet in this one. It was cold and there are boulders under it. Not a swimming lake.
We hiked to Johnston Falls. Most of it was through this canyon and on this walk way, that was hanging out over the canyon.

This is the lower falls. I couldn't get over the color of the water. I went to the upper falls, but really, these looked better.

Besides a couple of deer, we only saw these elk. They were right off the side of the road.

This is K & C with Keith, C's father at Johnson Lake. We had a very enjoyable hike around this lake, with Keith trying to convince C that the fish were jumping.



3 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures, I'm glad you're back, I've missed your blog posts. Where did you go on your mission?

R. L. Hall said...

Incredibly beautiful! Thank you for sharing these photos. Looks like you had a great trip & I have one more place I want to visit. [& in response to Andrea's question - Uruguay - didn't they do great in the World Cup?]

Bauer Family said...

These are breath taking pictures! So beautiful!! You are quite the photographer. I guess you had a good reason to be out of town when I came to visit. : }