Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blah, blah, blah, your life is worth squat.

Many years ago my son, Keith, gave a talk in Primary in which he said that Abinadi said to King Noah, "Blah, blah, blah, your life is worth squat." I had this in mind when I subbed today in seminary were we went over Mosiah 11-14.
I have subbed in early morning seminary, but never had to give the same lesson 4 times over. As it turned out, it is a different lesson with each group. I had a good read of the chapters and enjoyed the experience. Also of interest is that the church pays its' subs more than the school district. Ummm, very interesting.

2 comments:

Vecchiocane said...

That abridgment of Abinadi's message to King Noah does seem to have Keith's stamp on it alright. I have always wondered what teaching seminary would be like, but since I have taught teenagers in other venues, I suspect it would not go well. Perhaps my scriptural paraphrasing is not sufficiently in tune with the zeitgeist of the youth.

Neighbor Keith said...

Did you talk about the wine-bibbers?