Monday, September 21, 2009

Random Monday Thoughts

Rich and Callie are both healthy enough to participate in sports again. We have games and cross country meets everyday this week. Not to mention a Marching Band Show in Utah on Saturday. Remind me again why I let them get better.
We have never been more than 5 minutes early to Stake Conference (a church meeting). The kids were in a choir, so we all went early. To my surprise the Stake Presidency (leaders of this meeting) came in and shook hands with many in the congregation. Is that normal or do we truly live the friendliest place in the world?
I enjoy subbing, mostly because I get an unexpected day off every now and then.
We are going to Utah on Friday with the kids and to see the rest of our kids. Their band teacher wrote the show after his wife left him with 5 kids. It is called 'Aftermath' and as far as I can tell, is symbolic of his life after she left. However he says it is symbolic of the aftermath of nuclear war. All I can say, is you should never write a marching band show when going through a divorce.
Happy Monday all!

2 comments:

Evenspor said...

I think that's normal, although we tend to spend stake conference out on the couches these days, so I don't know whether they do that in our current stake.

Dianah said...

I know it has been a while for me but the last few I went to were held up because the Stake Presidency was LATE! Gotta love So Cal Traffic.

As for the marching band, that was funny!!! It's about his wife leaving him.