Saturday, June 20, 2009

Camping

I like to go camping. I like to go tent camping and I don't mind cooking or cleaning up. My idea of camping is eating, going on a hike, taking a nap, reading a book under a pine tree or down at the beach and repeating this process. The one thing I have to have for a successful camping trip is an air mattress because I do not sleep on the ground. So when the the air mattress lost all it's air the first night, we almost had a disaster. We couldn't decide between going to Stanley and buying a new one or putting Callie and mattress in the lake (it was so cold) and finding the hole. We opted with a trip to Stanley, Idaho, population 100. Had a fun little trip, meet some of the people Scott told us about and got a good nights sleep that night.







Wes really likes the napping part of camping.



Rich is showing us the lake. He loves to go here. Spends a lot of time throwing rocks in the lake, which isn't necessary, because the bottom of the lake is covered with rocks.


Playing on the raft.



Yes, I was there.




My lovely children.





This is where Scott goes to church every week. This is also the only place he has cell service, so he calls us once a week and always says, "You should see the view from here."

Here is the view and it is spectacular. You can see it from inside the church also. Amazing. If you click on the image, you can get a bigger clearer view.






More of the view.


The rest of these are just pictures around the Lake. It is a beautiful place. If you are more of lodge camper you should check out the website for lodge http://www.redfishlake.com/


















3 comments:

mr.math said...

Interesting link to Redfish Lodge...in Texas! Better check the labels at the end of the posting.

Lisa said...

I fixed it, they are very, very, close.

Andy and Saramarie Bourne said...

I love Redfish Lake. Andy's family has a reunion there every year and I love it. It is so beautiful. I also love the tent camping and wish I could convince Andy to take an air mattress. Maybe someday.