Sunday, April 2, 2023

Dad

When we got back to Yuba City we found my dad in pretty bad shape. By the end of the day we took him to the ER. 

He had Cojestive Heart Failure. He was swollen and not getting much oxygen.  Around 1 in the morning they admitted him. When I told him he was staying and we were going he perked up and said, "I'm not sraying!"  I gave him some Kleenex and told him we would be back invan hour. 

Wes and I went to see him in the hospital on Saturday night. He was awake, not very lucid, which is normal. I watched him try to breath  and struggle to move and knew that this was the last time I would see him.on this earth. 

I asked Wes to give him a blessing.  I did not hear anything about healing. I had only hoped for a peaceful passing.  I cried... a lot. 

I did not want to go to Yuba City.  The last time I saw my dad he knew who I was. When I left him I gave him kiss a the forehead and told him I had to go. He asked, "I'm staying here?" "Yes, you stay here." 

It was the hand of the Lord that inspired me to go in spite of of my fears. It was a blessing for me yo say good bye.  


He is in a Rehab facility now. My mom wouldn't do hospice, but he is struggling. His heart is only working at 25% of capacity and he doesn't have the strength to walk. 

I know that families can be together forever through the sealing power.  I also feel that angles are with him. It will be okay. 






No comments: