Sunday, April 9, 2023

He Lives and He Loves Us

As Easter comes this year, there has been a lot of talk about making it more about Christ. People read the Christmas story at Christmas but how many read the Story of Him rising from the death. 

 I have to admitt that I have been getting up on Easter morning and reading this for the last 40 years. I love the account in John 20. It is here that we read that Mary was the first person that Jesus talked to. He told that it was okay, that He had risen.

I find it empowering that He shows Himself to a woman first. I find that her faith in Him never died with Him. I hope my grand daughters can find a testimoy of the love of God in these words. 

 To those who doubt, know that He is there. My son Scott, has lost his faith. He needed somewhere to move to and has not had any luck finding a place in his budget. I had resisted praying for him because he wouldn't want me to, but he was suffering mentally from the stress, so I started to sincerly asking for a place for him to live. He found a place 2 days after I started praying. Doubt not, He is there, even when you don't see him. 


 So on this Easter Sunday without tulips, because of the cold weather, I know I can find peace in the knowledge that Jesus Christ lives. I have thought much this week of how different we worship Him. And you know what? It's all good. He meets us where we are. 

 God Bless you all and find peace in Him. Happy Easter

No comments: