Sunday, January 22, 2023

Behind Bars

I didn't forget my challenge to find God's hand in my life, but time gets away from me. So I have two this week. 

My son wrote me an email about his feelings about church. While I respect his thoughts, I was overcome with sadness as he talked of not being able to forgive his leaders and the Church for some mistakes that gave been made. 

I realized that his judgment of these things was a lack of faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He will take care of all the injustices of the world. Its not our responsibility.  I felt a need to respond to his email and as I typed, I felt the words come from God's hand. No doubt in my mind that those words were not my own and more of a testimony for me than for him. 

The second one has to do with my Ward Choir. I have this young couple leading it. They choose a song that did not get approved for our assignment to sing in Stake Confrence. They were a little bent out of shape. I didn't hear from them for a few days and was worried that they were going to quit. I sent them a few pieces if music and to my delight, they had picked a new hymn. It was a relief to see their hearts softened as the Lord worked with them.


To finish: when my students partner read, one group always ends up at the bench. Someone put them in jail. Made my day. 
Kids find joy in anything. 




No comments: