Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Yearbooks



I spent a couple of hours going through my parent's yearbooks. 

I wouldn't say it was fun, but interesting. It made me laugh and cry. 

My mom wrote in my dad's. 

I can't read it. My mom meet my dad when her Aunt moved to Ammon Idaho for their first job. She would go visit them from Providence Utah. Her Uncle was my dad's coach. They didn't really date until they were both at Utah State four years later.


This was the year my Grandma died. It had to be a difficult and sad year for my mom. 


My mom's books a page after page of people signing. My dad's not so much. My mom's school was significantly larger. 

From what I read my dad was looking for a girl to settle down with. There were not many clubs at his small school and he was not in any of them. Knowing that he grew up from the age of 8 without a mother it makes sense to me. My mom was a fun, sweet person, involved with multiple clubs. 

It made me cry to read these pages. It read like a novel, because I know the history, who their friends were and the end of the story. 

Good Family History day. 




No comments: