Saturday, May 5, 2012

There is light at the end of the tunnel


First, my rhubarb is out of control.  At this rate, everyone I know is going to receive a batch of rhubarb jam for Christmas.  
We did get the soil ready with my dad's secret combination of 'stuff' and planted potatoes and onions.  It's too early for tomatoes....
 With 12 more working days and even less days working with groups, I have started to think about what I am going to do this summer.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but there is a reason I work at a school.

 I ran across this picture.  The girl in the blue dress is my oldest sister, but the quilt they are sitting on is going to be my project.  

When we were kids, we would drag this quilt around. I believe we tore it when we put it in the fertilizer spreader.  (We also dragged that around).  I don't know who made the quilt, but I know it wasn't my mother, maybe her mother or her aunt.  

At any rate, I am going to use my 30's reproductions, buy some of that purple, and make another one.  It should keep me busy.





No comments: