Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Day

Here is my after Christmas project. I had all the fabric sitting there and knew that if I put it away for next year, I would not have a clue what to do with it (past experience). This project is in the Fons & Porter's November/December issue of Love of Quilting. I brought home the gingerbread men from Canada and had a very dear quilting buddy send me the boarder fabric when I saw this project. I will throw it on my 'to be quilted' pile and you can look forward to seeing it finished before July.I had to go to www.FonsandPorter.com/mborders to learn how to miter a corner. I had a little trouble with the instructions, so I asked Wes to read them (it was a word problem) and he was, "It is a basic algebra problem." Of course!
I also had to make 15 of these. This is a 6 3/4 inch block. This pattern should have been paper pieced.
If there is one thing I have learned about quilting this year it has been to trust the math!


Happy New Year to all of you. I love New Years Day, not because of the plethora of football, but because it is great day to do a big project. I have one to do today that is long over due. I started a calendar quilt 2 years ago and I made the top in the same year. That was a piece of fabric for every day of the year. Today, I am going to put it together and finish it.
My favorite New Years Day ever was the one where I went to the home of Mis Lizzy and she lead me through a Log Cabin Quilt in a Day. It changed my world and I am so thankful she took a day out of her life to help me.

No comments: