Friday, December 24, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls and Christmas morning

First, I just want to say how much fun it is to be off work and have some time to blog.
On Christmas Eve day I have a few traditions. Mostly they take place in the kitchen. I always make Cinnamon Rolls and I feel like sharing a few tips with you.
First of all, find yourself a recipe and get your dough going. I use my bread machine recipe and it works fine.
Then you roll them out. Here is a trick, wipe down your counter with a anti-bacterial wipe, let it dry and spray it and your roller with PAM. It works great. You clean it up the with a wipe. Make sure you are generous with the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Come on, you only do this once or twice a year.
Roll them up and cut them about and inch and a half and let them rise again. When you bake them, take them out about 5 minutes early. Frost them with what is left of the butter mixed with some powdered sugar and vanilla. Then in the morning, put them back in the oven for 5 or 10 minutes.
Here is my quilt project this week. I want to give it away as a wedding present. I can do that right?
Now, I'm back to the kitchen. We are doing fondue tomorrow and I think it will be fun.
MeRrY ChRiStMaS!

No comments: