Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Sub day

The other day I went to sub and found that the class was going to the Discovery Center of Idaho for the day. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very much like the Exploratorium in San Fransisco. Of course you don't get to see the bay. The kids had a great time. It is in Boise near the zoo, only cost $4 for kids and $6 for adults : a great bargain.


I do not recommend that you do this as a substitute teacher however. There is nothing like walking into a classroom and finding out you will be on a bus all day, in charge of children that you do not know. I told them all that their name for the day would be 'what's your name'. As it turned out, the kids were great. Our class was split up on two buses and I hoped all the way home we hadn't left one in Boise.

3 comments:

Evenspor said...

That sounds cool. I love childrens museums. Are there activities for a wide variety of age groups?

Lisa said...

There are so many activities there. Someone told me that there grand daughter started coming when she was 2, I was with 10year olds and they were having a great time, and I think Wes (40 +), Callie(16) and Rich (12) would really enjoy it as well.

Andy and Saramarie Bourne said...

Andy and I went there awhile ago and we loved it! Andy had been there before, but still had a great time. We were there for a couple hours trying out all the different activities. We couldn't get away from the spining table.