Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Golden Spike













































I promise that this is the last part of the trip. I have always wanted to stop at the Golden Spike. I have seen the sign for it since I was a kid, (you know, almost when it happened) but have never made the effort to go off the beaten path. So we stopped. The kids said it was in the middle of no where. Maybe, maybe not.

Wes and three other gentlemen asked 100 questions about the engines in the engine house. Callie couldn't understand it, but I told her that men love trains. As near as I can figure, they have big engines and they really like that. The engines come out on May 10 and are on the tracks until September, so I guess we will have to stop one more time.









Interestingly enough, just a few miles away, is ATK. They have a small display outside. For the most part the outsides look the same, so I took a few pictures of the ends of them. Luckily for Callie, there was no one there to answer questions, because we definitely would have been there longer. If men love trains, just think how they must feel about rockets.














No comments: