Saturday, March 7, 2009

Shopping




Callie is going to go to the prom in a month. I am excited for her, but I do not feel any obligation to go shopping for a dress that cost a couple of hundred dollars. Not to mention that her two trips to the emergency room in the last year are putting a major strain on my budget. So, I said we could go look at fabric.



Almost immediately we were choosing between a very bright pink, and a yellow (school bus yellow) with a white sheer with daisies to go over it. Fortunately, there was plenty of room to lay everything out and really get a good look. Now, Callie isn't the fastest decision maker, and all I can do is think about what would be easier for me to make.



I said, "We should have brought Marsha." (who lives across the street) And Callie says, "We should have borough Liz." (who lives in California) We ended up calling her, and of course she didn't answer her cell and I knew she was at the quilt show in Manteca where I wanted to be. So I did a WWLD, you know, what would Liz do, and we picked the pink with silver sparkly belt.



Total cost, $46, although we still need a zipper. Now that is my kind of dress.

1 comment:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I bet it's going to be a cute dress! She is lucky to have a Mom who can sew. My Mom always had to sew sleeves on my dresses.