My Yard

I love spending time taking care of my backyard. I always thought that everyone had a peaceful place to hangout in. My granddaughter asked why I have so many 'decorations'. I told her because my grandpa did. Make no mistake, my mother did not, but I love my little piece of heaven. 
 

Behind the plant, that Martha, one of my favorite students gave me, is a little knome that Raona gave us. 

He has survived 20 Winters out here. 

I've been working on this area. We took out a big overgrown bush this year. I'm thinking a big ole fairy garden in this shady spot. 

My deck. I eat breakfast here. I read here. I push all the furniture to the side and set up quilt frame to baste quilts here. I just bindeda quilt out here last week. It's definitely an extension of the house. In the Winter I like to sit at the kitchen table to work and look at it. 

I have been trying different things here for years. It has paid off. 


This is one spot that I'm still struggling to get something to grow in. To be fair, I'm pretty sure there used to be a burn barrel here and it has damaged the soil. In the '60's we had a burn barrel out back. We would burn what garbage we could. I remember doing it as a kid. Because of some things we have found while working out here, I've come to to his conclusion. I've used plant food this year, but I think next year I will dig it out and put new soil on there. And when I say 'I' I totally mean Wes. 

My little garden. Potatos, Tomatoes and Cucumbers. 


And this little place, let me tell you, holds a piece of my heart. I put the rocker out there because in the afternoons it's cooler than the deck. I've read, done homework, put in the end of year data, sat out here during the pandemic, crossed stitched, and went out here and cried the morning my mom left this world. 


This was the first project. I lost some of the flowers this Spring. I'll replace them next year. 

It never ends. I'm grateful for it. 

Not going back to school feels great....
Cooler nights....
Late summer blooms....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walks, Lake Day and I've had Enough

Harvest Blessings

The Summer of $50 Picnic