Sunday, December 18, 2022

Grandma Hall

Wes's mom passed away on December 7 2022. Although Wes claims that it wasn't a surprise, it was to me. She had been healthy and living in her own home. Wes's brothers checked on her and feed her every day. She had extreme dementia and was very confused. 


This is the last time I saw her, June 2022.

Her passing has been hard on me and some of my children, as our relationships with her were strained. I don't know how it is on Wes because he has not said one word about her since she passed. 

She was always different.  She watched a college football game during our wedding reception. Thirty years later she introduced me at church as Kay Empeys daughter, not her daughter in law. Im mot sur she ever excepted me. She really had no relationship with Callie and Richard ever. The truth is that she had Social Anxiety and never reached out for help. 

I thought how awkward it must have been for her to reunite with her family on the other side of the veil. I hope that mental illness is cured as she passed through to the other side. 

She did okay when Howard was alive. He balanced her. 
She loved the outdoors.
She could grow any plant by breaking off part of something she liked and sticking it in the ground.
She loved to serve in the temple.
She was thrifty. 
She loved a road trip.
She loved family history. 
She was loyal to the Ward Chior.
She enjoyed watching football. On Sundays she watched it without the volume on -- you know, to keep the Sabbath day holy.
She raised eight children. 
She loved Jacquie. I think she loved them all but Jacquie was definitely the favorite.
She always had her scriptures near her. 
She ate tomatoes like an apple. 
She loved to read. 
She was wickedly talented with the knitting needles. She loved to make dish rags and many a bride and groom recieved them as gifts. 

She didn't like to have her picture taken but she looks happy here. It's on my refrigerator, thus the magnet. 

I have worked really hard to write positive thoughts here. I have many not-so positive thoughts and some things that are just funny about her. I will write that post soon. The funeral is not until the 28th. So there are many days to ponder her life  ahead. 

Let me say that I do believe in the Savior and His atonement. She will be made whole and her mental illness will he healed. I don't know the timing of it, but I know it will happen. 









No comments: