Sunday, April 24, 2022

Spring is Back

We had a really nice day followed by days of wicked wind, but it is nice today. I have no doubt that we will have more wind this week.


I have my chair set up and ready for some reading. I was out earlier this afternoon enjoying the sounds of birds and squirrels. 

We did Kindergarten registration and one of the families that came in was the family that took in a 14 year old Guatemalan girl I was working with a couple if years ago. I was so happy to see her and discover that she is still going to school.  It was truly a joy for me. 

Then two says later I found that my Guatemalan student that I have this year moved to Chicago.  I was sad and concerned.  Wendell is a pretty safe place. I just can't imagine that she is moving to a safe neighborhood in Chicago.  I wish I could keep in touch. I have these new immigrants move into our area and I enjoy keeping track of their progress.  I wouldn't be surprised if they move back but I will pray for their safe journey, where ever they are. 

Life certainly has its upside and downs. 


No comments: