Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Stress

A couple of years ago, our school district decided to end the semester at Christmas vacation.  It ment that we start earlier and that all testing and report cards are due the last day before the break. The week before the break has always been stressful with crazy, excited kids, Santa letters, and parent gifts.  When this day is over, it takes a day to decompress. 


The kids are with their parents now and so am I.  We are visiting Yuba City. This is probably the last time we will 
Stay in this house. My parents are getting ready to move in with my sister. 

When we moved here in 1977 I was a mess. I missed my friends and I missed Idaho. We stayed in a hotel and we looked for houses.  We found one in town and there was this one. I liked this house. It had my vote. 30 something years later, the neighborhood is still the same, but it is no longer in the country.  



I grew up here, left for my mission from here and brought my kids here to visit grandparents.  It is home. 


It is also in need of some work. I'm not sure which will fall apart first, my parents or this house. Cleaning it out is going to be a pain. The end of an Era.  A fresh start for someone else.  



No comments: