Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Things are going to get easier

There is a song that I sing to myself for my son Scott.  Oh ohh, child,  things are going to get easier.  My middle child suffers from depression and anxiety.  Sometimes I wonder if it is a life long struggle or if better days will come.

The hardest part is that I don't have the same problem. My empathy is coming from my heart not personal experience. 

I have always encouraged him to seek professional help and he does. He shamelessly writes about it. These post scare people. They ask me if he is okay and I answer that he is okay, but in reality, I have no idea. It is my belief that if he is talking about it,  he is probably not suicidal. 

He had Covid in January and has been mentally healthy ever since. In fact, he is better every week.  

He was at the house this weekend and played the guitar for us. The last song he wrote was good. He still has vivid, nightmares at night, but he is in a better spot. 

As the mother of a depressed young adult I think that I will always worry about his mental state.  I will keep holding on to the hope that better days will come and that a loving God will watch over him.  

No comments: