Sunday, February 23, 2020

McAllister

Sometimes it is hard to be the mom of these kids of mine.  Callie was defending her thesis on a day that was a scheduled work day.  I had decided not to go but when they changed the work day to a 1/2 PD day, I decided that I wasn't going to be working anyway, and took the trip to Boise.   

She was professional and polished.  Her thesis was very Statistical, I  may or may not of understood it all.

What through me for a loop was when I  noticed that all her work people called her McAllister.   She works for the Idaho Policy Institute. Her co-workers are young, professional and extremely smart.  

I said to her boss  ' Did you call her McAllister?'
And she answered, 'It's her name. What do you  call her?'

When she was born after the three boys, I wanted her to have a name that would not slow her down in the business world.   It is what I envisioned all those years ago.  

She has now finished her MA. Ed. Curriculum and instruction.  She has a great job, a lovely husband and a sweet Standard Poodle.   Do I want her to have it all?  You bet!  The best is yet to come.

No comments: