Monday, June 3, 2019

Oakland Temple





What a beautiful day!

We made a quick trip to California to go the Open House of the Oakland Temple.



A view from the roof top.




Hydrangeas, my favorite color.


Beautiful grounds.


I had some young women take our picture.
This is one out of 14.  




Everything was lovely.


This temple has a special place in my memory.

I was married here,

sealed to my parents,

watched many of my friends and family sealed,

taken my kids here to see Christmas lights,

and came once a month for 15 years to do work inside with Wes.

I remember my friend, Jean, going here with me and 
telling me the stairs were like those in  the Sound of Music.

My friend Lea brought me here my first time.
She has been an example to me since I was 17 and first meet her.

Cecile Brown used to load up her van with elderly women every Tuesday 
and taxi them here from Stockton.

It is a place where love abounds.








No comments: