Sunday, April 28, 2019

Tulips and Funerals

In the Fall, I posted pictures from my walks;


I thought it only fair that I post some Spring pictures too.



I do have a thing for tulips, and they are everywhere around here.


Even the trees have flowers now.


I swear, I pulled out 50 or more of these bulbs last year.


but they keep coming back.

I have been to few funerals lately and I really want to share some thoughts,
or should I say wishes for my own funeral.
  • Please, please, please, No Viewing.  They are weird and uncomfortable and they force people to make comments like, "He looks very nice."  Excuse me, they are dead, they don't look good. 
  • Please, please, please, No Pictures on the Program.  I mean really, no program would be okay with me.  Honestly, I have seen more ugly pictures on programs.  And the programs are on really nice paper.  I almost feel guilty about throwing it away after.  No Pictures or Nice Paper.  Use a Kleenex for the program. That way it would be useful.
  • And last of all, don't feel obligated to come to my funeral, unless you are my child.  I have been to a couple lately that I should of stayed home.  Those stories may have been interesting to family, but not so much to me.  Let's face it; people live pretty boring lives...I know I do....so do not feel obligated to come and listen to the fact that I liked to read books and take walks.  
Rant Over

HaPpY SpRiNg




No comments: