Sunday, January 6, 2019

St. George Temple

Long story, short, our son needed a ride to St. George, Utah to pick up a car.

I said, "I'll take you there."
Someone asked me if I want to be a snowbird.
Yeah, there is a very strong possibility...in the future.

Back to my adventure.
We dropped off Richard and then spent a couple of nights there.

I have mixed feelings about St. George,
I love the weather, but am not sure about the town.

Anyway, we just went by the temple for a look-see.

I was engulfed in a memory of being at this very place with Wes's grandma, Eleanor Hall.
She lived in St. George as a child and her dad worked in the temple at night.
--maybe a night watchman- 
She had let her kite go and it got stuck in the upper railings of the temple and
he had got it down for her.



My memory was a little fuzzy, but it was a sweet one.


I love these windows on the 1st floor of the temple.



And the palm trees.  Love it.


Took a little stroll around the temple grounds,


And feel in love with the Ornamental Kale.

There is something about these Pioneer Temples that  touches my heart.


No comments: