Monday, July 2, 2018

World Cup

Here I sit thinking about soccer.
I am not a soccer fan.
Except when it comes to 
World Cup.


You see, in 1982 I was in the country of Uruguay during World Cup.


To be exact, I lived in Salto.
It was a good year for Brazil and Argentina,
not so great for Uruguay.

People love to watch it.
They would invite us in to watch.
They would literally close up the business if it was a good game.

Since then, I have always watched.
I watched in the middle of night,
I watched on Telemundo--
they have the best announcers-
I have watched with my kids and when 
there was a goal,
they would run outside and yell
GOOOOOOOOOOOL.
I watched 4 years ago while recovering from a knee replacement.

Now, I watch with my cross stitch.
It brings back sweet memories.
I will talk about it to anyone who has a clue what is going on.


For the record, 
Uruguay is still in it.



No comments: