Sunday, May 20, 2018

Being Blue in Idaho

Anyone who reads this, and really why would you? knows that I have some very liberal thoughts. 
I always say that this is the heart God gave me.  
What can I say? I have had a hard week.

First there was the primary election.  
To be honest, I am undeclared.  
I am neither Democrat nor Republican. 
 I feel like both parties are flawed.  
So I go to vote and am allowed to vote for judges, who are running unopposed.
Okay, so I did my civic duty.
And then the most conservative candidate wins and I'm like What????
Things will never change.
We will continue to have a 3rd world economy in Idaho and
our Education Program will continue to hold steady at 48th in the Nation.
And let's face it- there is a cause and effect with that fact.
It was a primary, best case scenario  for me was the forward thinking Republican.
I am sorry to say, that I actually unfriended people on facebook because I was so ticked off.  

Second one of my students and his family has let their visitors visa expire.
They have to go back to Mexico.
Here I am comforting a crying women telling her it will be okay
and to be honest, I don't know if it will be okay.
I know that this young man had 100% attendance,
that he tested at about 98%,
that his parents worked on a dairy while they were here
and that she was crying because she was going to have to leave Wendell Idaho ???
Good night, it should not be so hard to let people into this country who want to work 
and make a better life for themselves.

Okay, then there was the school shooting.
Dadgumit!
Should I say more?
I work at a school people, I really care about this issue.
These children are real to me.
Do we need to do something?
Yes. We do.
I have multiple ideas and they do involve taking automatic weapons off the market 
and to stop manufacturing ammunition for them. 
That isn't gun control, that is common sense. 

Well, there you have it.  
For the record, I respect all opinions and political beliefs,
but I'm in no mood to hear them today.

On the bright side.... We had a Teddy Bear picnic at school. 
 It turned out to be a junk food feast 
with little people playing on the big playground.  
They were happy, I was happy...It was a good day.





No comments: