Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Day Out on the Town


My friend Dixie, is living in Twin Falls at an assisted living place.
I took her and a couple of her friends to lunch this week.
This may seem nice, but it was an adventure for me.


First of all, Dixie wanted a fish sandwich,
-which they don't have at McAllisters-
Then she just wanted a hamburger,
-which they don't have-
Then she didn't want any sides, just an ice cream,
-which they don't have at McAllisters-

In the end, she was happy with what I ordered for her.
We had a nice visit.
When we left, the other two little ladies said,
"Boy am I happy I have a house to go home to."

I couldn't agree more.

It is fun to hear them talk about how things used to be.
They have been friends for many, many years.

I have been working on putting pictures into my 52 questions.
I wish there were more stories about how things were
from my grandparents.

Make sure you share your stories.
Someone will want to hear them someday.

No comments: